ij6mJ6maiBHkB8aMy2ntr7-hm4A Blog O' The Irish: In The Woods by Tana French

Pinterest

Follow Me

Follow Me!

Friday, September 18, 2009

In The Woods by Tana French

                             



 I initially picked up this book because it was written by an Irish author... I am fascinated in anything Irish. I did have a hard time getting into the book the first time I started it. Put it aside and picked it up again. Again I had a hard time reading it. I did keep at it and I am glad that I did.

It is a story that is part police procedural and part psychological thriller. When Katie Devlin, 12 years of age, is reported missing and then turns up murdered in the woods, it is eerily similiar to a case 20 years ago when 3 children went into the woods and the only one to come out is a young boy. That boy turns out to be one of the detectives, Rob Ryan ,investigating the murder.This is the first case of Rob and his partner Cassie Maddox The similarities to the two cases are chilling in the details. Katie Devlin was found at the edge of an archeological dig placed on what resembles an altar. There are numerous suspects and there is also a subplot involving  a pending motorway in Knocknaree.

This is anovel about cops, murder, memory, relationships, and modern Ireland, with a little touch of supernatural and an exceptional first novel. I highly recommend this book and look forward to getting a copy of Tana French's second novel The Likeness..

Interested in more about Tana French? Go to:  http://www.tanafrench.com/pagesus/books.htm



No comments: